York’s UIT Information Security offers online Cyber Security Awareness training.
Every time you connect to the Internet, at home or at work, you face critical decisions: should I click on that link? Can I trust this website? Is the information being requested be used for a scam? Is my password secure? In an always-connected world you are constantly at risk. Employers and other institutions can’t protect you alone, we all play a role in protecting ourselves and our personal information from cyberattacks.
This interactive online course gives you a glimpse into the world of cybersecurity and some practical tools to help you stay cyber-safe. To access the online course click on the link below and log in with your Passport York account. The course is about 30 minutes in length.
ONLINE COURSE LINK: Cyber Security Awareness Training (Staff/Faculty) on Moodle
TIPS: To help prevent phishing attacks and related fraud, please keep in mind the following tips:
1. Always be suspicious of emails requesting sensitive information.
2. Do NOT click links or open attachments in unsolicited email from individuals or groups you do not recognize.
3. For familiar contacts or expected messages, examine the "From" field of email messages to verify the sending address is correct. Be wary of different spellings of the sending email address that could indicate fraud.
4. For links within email messages, use the "hover over" technique to validate the actual location it will send you to - move the mouse pointer over a link, without clicking, and wait a moment. Most email programs will show the web location the link will take you to. If it does not match what you expect, that could indicate fraud.
5. Refer to additional information on Passport York Account Security