The York Computing for Faculty and Staff website: http://staff.computing.yorku.ca/ provides detailed information for all aspects of computing accounts, services and resources
Staff Passport York Accounts for Part time Academic Hires
Part time academic staff with Staff Passport York Accounts, will keep their accounts active if they continue to be hired at York University year after year.
If they gap a period of over 13 months from the time they were hired, then their Passport York Account will no longer be active.
Regardless of the circumstance, please have them try to log in to a York system with their STAFF Passport York account, if they have any issues please have them contact email@example.com and copy the Administrative Assistant. They should include their employee number (can be found in ARMS) and their Staff Passport York username. Please assist where you can with providing this information.
Guest Passport York Account Requests
A Faculty Member, Chair, Director, Manager is required to complete the form to sponsor an external member or student to obtain a Passport York Account.
Follow the steps below for a Staff Passport York guest sponsorship.
- Navigate to: https://askit.yorku.ca/forms - log in with your Passport York account (all staff can access this and your information will be pre-populated based on your access)
- You will then be presented with the: Service Request Forms
- Click on the link: Guest/Non employee
- On the left hand side of the form please note that you cannot remove the pre-populated information in the category fields, however you can ADD additional details
- If you require a faster turn-around time – at the Summary Field: add HIGH PRIORITY/ URGENT
- On the Right hand side, fill out all the fields related to the Guest’s Information
- Please make note of any special instructions or notes in the Computing Service Required Field
- To submit the form please click on the red box on the top left side: SUBMIT
- Once the ticket/request is resolved and the account information (username and password) is sent to the guest, please communicate with the external members/students so they are aware. They will then need to go to Manage My Services mms.yorku.ca and log in to change/update the password in order to access the designated website.
- Once the Passport York staff account is created and updated, then specific access to a system/web site can be processed (example YU link, Moodle etc.).
- Keep track of your requested guests in a spreadsheet for your own record keeping purposes.
IMPORTANT FOLLOW UP: If your sponsored guest has now become a York employee please notify firstname.lastname@example.org including the employee ID number and guest Passport York username. The guest Passport York username and the employee ID number will be merged on the back end, and the user will not be impacted on the front end.
MULTIPLE GUEST ACCOUNT REQUESTS:
If you have more than 10 guests that you would like processed, instead of filling out the form multiple times, send an email to email@example.com and include a spreadsheet that covers all the fields noted in the form and add ATTN: Leonard Chow.
- Sponsor: (the sponsoring faculty member emp#)
- Firstname of guest:
- Lastname of guest:
- Phone# of guest:
- Address of guest: (personal email address)
- Expiry date: (maximum of a year)
- Other info: (i.e. why are they here? What class are they participating in)
- Services: (e.g. they need to access my Moodle course, and they need AirYorkPLUS wireless)
UIT will process the request so each guest gets a username and password (usernames will be of a yu123456 type). When you get the list of login credentials, please communicate to your guests.